Receta: Delicioso Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe
Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe.
Puede cocinar Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe usando 19 ingredientes y 11 pasos. Así es como cocinar Eso.
Ingredientes de Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe
- necesitas 4 cups de basmati rice of.
- es 8 - 10 de chicken drumsticks.
- necesitas 3 de onions large sliced.
- es 2 tbsps de ginger paste.
- es 2 tbsps de garlic paste.
- preparar 3 de green chillies.
- es Handful de coriander leaves mint leaves each of and.
- es 1.5 tbsps de masala store bought Biryani (MTR or Eastern brand).
- preparar 1/2 tsp de turmeric powder.
- es 1/2 cup de ghee (clarified butter).
- es 3 cloves de cardamom ,.
- necesitas 1 de star anise.
- preparar 2 de bay leaves.
- necesitas 1/4 inch de cinnamon stick.
- es 3 tbsps de yogurt.
- es 2 cups de coconut milk.
- preparar 6 cups de water.
- preparar 1/4 cup de cashew nuts.
- es to taste de Salt.
Chicken Biryani ~ a pressure cooker recipe Paso a paso
- First we begin by prepping a few things: Wash the rice and soak it in some water. Next grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies together. Chop and prep the other ingredients such as the chicken and onions..
- Add 1/4 cup ghee to the pressure cooker, and once it has melted through and heated add the spices: staranise, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Fry for a few seconds and then add the onions and continue frying over medium heat until the onions start to brown..
- Next add the ginger-garlic-chilli mix and continue frying. The biryani masala, turmeric powder and the yogurt and mix it all together..
- Add the chicken pieces and mix together and coat the chicken well with the fragrant delicious smelling masala..
- Add 6 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk and season with salt..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook till the chicken is cooked about 50%.
- Drain the rice and add it to the cooker along with the coriander and mint leaves..
- Check for seasoning one last time, before closing the cooker and letting it cook for 2 whistles and turn the flame off..
- While the cooker was doing its job, I fried the cashew nuts in 1/4 cup ghee :).
- Once the pressure has released, open up the cooker. I gently transfered the rice to a serving bowl and granished it with the deliciously fragrant fried cashew nuts..
- Serve with some raita and chicken 65 like I did..