Recipe: Tasty Salmon cakes
Salmon cakes. After you have deboned the salmon, pour the salmon into a bowl. See more ideas about salmon cakes, fish recipes, seafood recipes. These Amazing Salmon Patties Come Together In No Time.
Delicious salmon cakes made with potatoes and the added color of red bell pepper and green onion. Salmon cakes can certainly be keto-friendly if you just tweak a few ingredients. Salmon Cakes are salmon patties made with fresh salmon, which makes them really juicy and delicious. You can have Salmon cakes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon cakes
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of Salmon filets.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of small diced white onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
With a crisp breading exterior, the salmon cakes are far from bland, since they have onions. Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges. If you enjoy seafood, salmon cakes can be a tasty new way to enjoy a fish dinner. Combined with herbs and spices, the salmon gets a crunchy, crisp coating from frying or baking it in small.
Salmon cakes step by step
- Chop salmon filets in 1/4 to 1/3 pieces and mix well with bread crumbs, green peppers, red peppers, onions, lemon juice, minced garlic, old bay seasoning, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Portion out 1/4 cup of salmon mixture and use hands to form into 3/4 inch thick patties. Continue to portion. You should have about 8 patties.
- Place cakes on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and sit them in the freezer until surface moisture has evaporated..
- Add butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat..
- Add salmon cakes and cook until medium golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn cakes over and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Transfer salmon cakes to a plate lined with paper towel and serve..
Salmon cakes are a great way to use leftover salmon. The fish is flaked and mixed with green onion, cayenne, panko, and eggs, and fried until crispy. These salmon patties (salmon cakes) are incredibly moist, delicious and flavorful - they're also gluten-free, paleo and low carb. I've made them with fresh salmon, but you could also use canned salmon. Classic Salmon Cakes are so tasty, they don't even need a sauce.