Recipe: Tasty AMIEs Almond Brownie Cake
AMIEs Almond Brownie Cake.
You can cook AMIEs Almond Brownie Cake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Almond Brownie Cake
- You need of base.
- Prepare 200 grams of dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter, cubed.
- Prepare 150 grams of flaked almonds, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of eggs, separated.
- It's 100 grams of sugar.
- It's 3 tbsp of baking flour.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's of icing.
- It's 150 grams of icing sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of decoration.
- It's 1 of crushed crunchy biscuits such as amaretti or any chocolate chips.
AMIEs Almond Brownie Cake step by step
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and base line a 20 or 22cm round cake tin..
- Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water and stir until melted..
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl and whisk until creamy and thick. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and almonds. Fold in the flour, salt and baking powder and stir well until well combined..
- Put the egg whites in another bowl together with the lemon juice and whisk to soft peaks. Fold a third of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture to loosen. Then fold in the remaining egg whites..
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until set. Cool and then place on a wire rack..
- To make the icing, combine the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, and add 2 tablespoons water. Mix to a thick coating consistency. Spread over the top of the cold cake. Decorate your cake..
- If desired, you can cover your cake with chocolate glaze. To make chocolate glaze, whisk 110 gr (4oz) dark chocolate and 1/4 cup heavy cream and beat until creamy and smooth..
- Serve, share and enjoy..