Receta: Perfecto Gyukatsu – Japanese Beef Cutlet 牛カツの作り方
Gyukatsu – Japanese Beef Cutlet 牛カツの作り方.
Puede Tener Gyukatsu – Japanese Beef Cutlet 牛カツの作り方 usando 20 ingredientes y 10 pasos. Así es como cocinar Ese.
Ingredientes de Gyukatsu – Japanese Beef Cutlet 牛カツの作り方
- necesitas 1 (10 oz) de filet mignon.
- necesitas de potato starch.
- necesitas 1 de egg.
- preparar de panko, (regular or gluten-free).
- es de Katsu Sauce.
- necesitas 1 tbsp de honey.
- preparar 3 tbsp de oyster sauce.
- preparar 1-1/2 tsp de grated ginger.
- es 1-1/2 tsp de minced yellow onion.
- es 4 tbsp de Worcestershire sauce.
- preparar 1-1/2 tsp de rice vinegar.
- preparar 4 tbsp de ketchup.
- es 1 tsp de mustard.
- es de Sesame Miso Sauce.
- preparar 2 tbsp de sesame seeds.
- preparar 1 tbsp de miso.
- necesitas 1 tbsp de mirin.
- preparar 1 tbsp de rice vinegar.
- necesitas 1 tbsp de sake.
- es 1/2 tsp de honey.
Gyukatsu – Japanese Beef Cutlet 牛カツの作り方 Instrucciones
- If you need gluten free panko but can’t find it, you can make gluten free breadcrumbs at home by freezing a piece of gluten free bread and grind it in a food processer until you have fine meshed breadcrumbs..
- Katsu Sauce* Grate the ginger. Mince the yellow onion. In a clean bowl, add 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1-1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1-1/2 teaspoon minced onion, 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 4 tablespoon ketchup, 1-1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard. Mix well..
- Sesame Miso* SauceGrind 2 tbsp of sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle. In a mixing bowl, add ground sesame seed, 1 tablespoon miso, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sake, 1/2 teaspoon honey. Mix it very well.
- Cut steak into thickness about 3/4 inch.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat the beef cutlet in potato starch, egg white and panko. Make sure to shake off the excess..
- In a pan, heat the oil to ~375 F. You can also test the oil’s readiness by dropping a few pieces of panko in the oil. If they rise up quickly to the surface, the oil is ready..
- Add steak and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-high so you won’t burn the outside. I cooked my 3/4 inch beef for 2 minutes. In Japan, gyukatsu is traditionally served medium-rare but adjust according to your liking. Fry longer if you prefer the steak more done..
- When the steak is ready, take it out and let sit for about a minutes and then cut the steak into strips.
- I usually serve my gyukatsu with shredded cabbages and steamed rice, sometimes with miso soup as well. In Japan, gyukatsu is also served as a sandwich so how you eat it is endless..