How to Prepare Delicious Yoghurt cake
You can cook Yoghurt cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yoghurt cake
- You need 1 1/4 cups (165 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/4 cup (30 grams) of ground almonds (I used almond flour).
- You need 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) of salt.
- Prepare of Zest (outer skin) of one lemon (optional).
- It's 2 of large eggs (100 grams out of shell), at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (120 ml/grams) flavorless oil (safflower, corn, vegetable, or canola).
- It's 3/4 cup of (180 ml/grams) whole milk plain yoghurt , at room temperature.
- You need 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated white sugar.
Yoghurt cake instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven..
- Butter, or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm)..
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper..
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest..
- In another bowl, stir or whisk together the eggs, oil, yoghurt, and vanilla extract..
- Stir in the sugar..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture..
- Stir until just combined..
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool..
- You can serve this cake plain or with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream and decorate with some sprinkles..