How to Make Tasty Vegetarian mexican lasagna
Vegetarian mexican lasagna.
You can cook Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- You need 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- It's 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- It's 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- Prepare 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- Prepare to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- You need 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- Prepare 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- It's to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna instructions
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..