Recipe: Tasty Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not
Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not.
You can cook Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not
- Prepare 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- It's 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- You need 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- You need 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not step by step
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.