Recipe: Delicious Yema Cake
You can have Yema Cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yema Cake
- It's of cake.
- It's 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs seperated.
- It's 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- It's 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It's 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter and 4 egg yolks.
- Prepare of topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Yema Cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven to 350° f/ 180° c. Line the bottom of two 9" diameter pans with baking paper. Set aside..
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and 6 tbps of the sugar in mixing bowl..
- Make a well in the center and to it add the 4 egg yolks, oil, water and lemon juice. Mix well set aside..
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites add cream of tartar and 6tbps sugar. Beat until soft peaks form..
- Add the meringue into the batter mix well, then pour the batter into prepared pan then bake..
- In a saucepan add condensed milk, evaporated milk, butter, cornstarch and 4 egg yolks stir in low fire until your desired thickness. Quickly add the Yema frosting to the cake spread and add grated cheese. Enjoy.