Recipe: Delicious Strawberry & cream cake
Strawberry & cream cake.
You can cook Strawberry & cream cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry & cream cake
- You need 1 of genovese cake.
- Prepare 500 ml of whipping cream.
- You need 170 grams of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of strawberries.
- You need 60 ml of water.
- It's 2 of Gelatine sheets (flavourless).
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
Strawberry & cream cake step by step
- Make a genovese cake (check my recipe to make it). Let it cool..
- Mix the water with 60g of sugar and bring to ebullition. Boil for 5 min and let it cool. Put the gelatine sheets with some fresh water..
- Wash straberries and remove the leaves. Cut enough strawberries in half to cover the perimeter of the genovese and mix with a bit of sugarm Set 115 grams apart. Chop the rest into small pieces. Mix them with sugar (set 20 gr apart).
- Blend the 115 grams of straberry you set apart. Heat the lemon juice (make sure it does NOT boil) and mix with the blended strawberries, 20 grams of sugar and the gelatine. Stir and set into the fridge (check from time to time to make sure it's still liquid).
- Whip the cream until it has a solid consistency (make sure it doesn't turn to butter, we don't want that).
- Open the genenevese cake (only if it's completely cooled down), put the bottom part inside the mold, brush some of the syrup and prepare the cake!.
- Cake ensembling: put the strawberries you cut in half to coverthe perimetre. Then put some of the chopped ones inside. Cover with cream. Repeat the process until finished (make sure the last layer is cream).
- Cover the cake with the other part of the genevese (put it upside down) and with a cooking brush paint it with the syrup lightly and then with the mix of strawberries and gelatine..
- Optional (decoration): if you have some more strawberries and some chocolate (either black, white or with milk) you can just melt the chocolate, cover the strawberries with it, let them cool and then put them on top of the cake..