Recipe: Delicious Pawpaw (Papaya) Loaf Cake
Pawpaw (Papaya) Loaf Cake.
You can have Pawpaw (Papaya) Loaf Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pawpaw (Papaya) Loaf Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (or zest).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of ripe and soft mashed pawpaw/papaya.
- You need of Toppings: 1/8 cup of raisins and 1/4 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
Pawpaw (Papaya) Loaf Cake instructions
- First start by preheating your pot on a medium heat then greasing and flouring your baking pan (I used two mini loaf pans).
- Mix the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside..
- Pour the oil and sugar in a bowl and mix till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition..
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 steps, first half of the flour, mix, add the milk and mix, then add the remaining part of flour and mix..
- Fold in the mashed pawpaw.
- Pour into the prepared pans, top with shredded coconut and raisins.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes in the preheated pan till a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Bring it down, allow to cool and then serve. It is best enjoyed the next day when the pawpaw flavour really comes out..