Chocolate Ice Cube Cake. In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, and baking powder. Chocolate Ice Cube Cake Be the first to rate & review! Underneath its rich chocolate topping and layer of vanilla custard, this striking dessert from blogger Sasha Martin hides a light chocolate.
Its original name is ledene kocke or ledeni kocki (ледене коцке, ледени коцки - in cyrilic respectively). Chocolate Ice Cube Cake - Ledene Kocke. Looking for a cool, chilled summer cake? You can have Chocolate Ice Cube Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Ice Cube Cake
- You need of For the custard topping 3 cups milk 2/3 cups sugar 1 Tbsp vanil.
- You need 2/3 cups of flour 16 Tbsp unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened.
- You need of For the cake 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa 1/3 cup flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder 6 eggs, separated 1/3 cup sugar.
- It's of butter, for greasing pan For the syrup 1 cup sugar 1 cup water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rose water or orange blossom water (optional).
- Prepare of For the chocolate topping 8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate.
- It's 6 Tbsp of vegetable or canola oil.
Ice Cube cake is the perfect cake to make on a hot summer day! This cake is actually a Croatian recipe translated from "Ledene Kocke". It's a fairly easy recipe to make and reminds me a lot of McCain's Deep'n Delicious frozen cakes! Remove the tray from the freezer and fill it with your choice of add-ins.
Chocolate Ice Cube Cake step by step
- For the custard topping: Heat up the milk, sugar and vanilla extract until steaming. Meanwhile, ladle enough milk into the flour to create a thick slurry. Pour it back into the milk mixture and heat until it resembles thick vanilla pudding. Be sure to whisk well as you go, so that lumps do not form. Let cool completely, then beat in the butter..
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9 cake pan generously with butter. (You can use a smaller pan, but you’ll have to increase the cooking time) In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, and baking powder. Next, Beat the egg whites until foamy, then gradually add the sugar until glossy, stiff peaks form. Do your best not to do laps in those luscious white waves..
- Next, fold the egg yolks, into the egg white mixture. Now, fold the cocoa mixture into the egg white mixture. Spread the thick, fluffy cocoa brown batter into the cake pan..
- Bake about 25 minutes..
- For the syrup: Simmer the sugar, water, and orange blossom water (or rose water) until the sugar dissolves, about five minutes. Then, use a fork to poke a few holes on the cake. Pour the syrup over the hot cake. Let sit until completely absorbed..
- For the chocolate topping: Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and stir in the oil..
- Refrigerate until the chocolate sets, then slice into squares..
In the ice cube tray with white chocolate drizzle, fill ⅓ with ganache. Then add half a raspberry to each. Fill with ganache, smooth over and then top with coating and smooth over. Chocolate Ice Cubes - Little Squares of wonderfully smooth milk chocolate from Germany. They are made by Albert & Son and impart a cool sensation to the tongue while.