Recipes: Yummy Shrimp Toast
You can have Shrimp Toast using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Toast
- Prepare 250 g of Shrimps Deveined Shelled,.
- You need 1 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- It's 1 Cup of Ice Cubes,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Egg White,.
- It's 1 TBSP of Tapioca Starch,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Homemade Thai Chili Paste,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Sesame Oil,.
- You need 1 Handful of Scallions White Parts Only Finely Chopped,.
- It's of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- Prepare 2 of White Soft Japanese Bread,.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of White Sesame Seeds,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Black Sesame Seeds,.
- You need 1 Handful of Scallions Green Parts Only Finely Chopped,.
- Prepare of Thai Chili Paste:.
- You need 5 Cloves of Garlic,.
- You need 2 of Shallots,.
- You need 5 of Dried Red Chilies Deseeded,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Dried Shrimps,.
- It's 1.5 TBSP of Tamarind Juice,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It's 1.5 TBSP of Palm Sugar,.
- It's 1/2 TBSP of Fish Sauce,.
- Prepare 1/8 TSP of Shrimp Pasta,.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
Shrimp Toast step by step
- You can use store-bought Thai chili paste or you can make your own. Prepare the Thai chili paste. Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Wrap garlic and shallot in a aluminium foil. Wack into the oven and roast for about 30 mins or until the garlic and shallots are soft..
- Toast dried chilies in a skillet over medium heat. Toast until aromatic and the chilies are lightly charred. Blitz the toasted chili under powder forms in a spice grinder..
- Blitz up the dried shrimps into fine pieces in the spice grinder as well. Transfer the roasted garlic, shallots, toasted chilies and shrimps into a blender. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Blitz until smooth paste form..
- Transfer into the same skillet over medium heat. *You can add 1/4 cup of water into the blender to blitz up all the leftover nooks and crannies. Transfer the water mixture into the skillet.* Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and it turns a darker shade of red. Remove from heat and transfer into a sterilized jar. *It can be kept in the fridge for up to 30 days.*.
- Transfer the shrimps into a large bowl. Coat the shrimps well with baking soda. Add just enuff cold water to submerge the shrimps..
- Add in the ice cubes. Set aside for at least 30 mins. Drain and rinse the shrimps thoroughly under running water..
- Pat the shrimps dry with kitchen paper. Place shrimps into a small bowl along with egg white and tapioca starch. Mix and coat the shrimps well with the marinade. Cover with cling film and marinade in fridge overnight..
- Next day, transfer shrimps onto a chopping board. Chop the shrimps coarsely into fine pieces. Transfer the chopped shrimps back into the bowl with any leftover marinade. Add in salt, pepper, chili paste, sesame oil and scallions..
- Mix to combine well. Add canola oil into a dutch oven, about 2 inches in depth, over medium heat. *To check if the temperature of the oil is ready, place a wooden chopstick into the oil. If bubbles start to form, the temperature is ready for frying.*.
- Spread the shrimp mixture onto the bread Cut into 4 squares. Mix white and black sesame seeds together in a shallow bowl. Dunk the toast into the sesame seeds mixture, shrimp side down..
- Carefully drop the toasts into the oil. Deep fried until golden brown on both sides.s. Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Garnish with some more scallions. Serve immediately..