gingerbread cookies. This classic cut-out gingerbread cookie recipe is easy to make, perfect for decorating, and always so delicious. Gingerbread cookie recipes all start the same and mine comes from my mom. To her recipe, I add a little more molasses and increase the amount of spice favors.
Bust out your cookie cutter and make this classic Christmas treat! You can cut them into gingerbread men or use. At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. You can cook gingerbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of gingerbread cookies
- Prepare 1 of For the dough.
- You need 350 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonated soda.
- It's 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 125 grams of butter.
- Prepare 175 grams of soft brown sugar.
- It's 4 tbsp of golden syrup.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor. While there is quite a bit of prep work involved in making. Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. You make them every single year because they make people happy.
gingerbread cookies step by step
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar..
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfim and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper..
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the writing icing and cake decorations..
And because they're so damn adorable. These holiday gingerbread cookies are filled with sugar, spice and everything nice. Win your Christmas cookie swap by making one of these festive treats. Kids can help make these Gingerbread Cookies. The dough can be cut into any of their favorite holiday-themed shapes and decorated.