Christmas pinwheel cookies. To make the pinwheel cookies in a vanilla and chocolate combination, divide the dough into two parts. Cool slightly, and mix the chocolate into one half of the dough until well blended. Your holiday cookie game is about to be strong.
Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Christmas Pinwheel Sugar Cookies are fun festive and incredibly easy to make. You can have Christmas pinwheel cookies using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas pinwheel cookies
- You need 3 Cups of Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Butter Softened.
- Prepare 1 cups of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Red Food Coloring.
- You need of Green Food Coloring.
- Prepare of Christmas Sprinkles.
This simple recipe will have you enjoying these tasty treats in no time. It is so easy you can use your favorite recipe or mine. Even store bought dough will work in a pinch. It's a slice and bake cookie just like my slice and bake rum cookies, and are incredibly easy to make!
Christmas pinwheel cookies instructions
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the fours, baking powder and salt..
- Then in a separate mixing bowl, blend together the softened butter with the sugar until smooth (use a hand held or stand up mixer for this). Then add in the egg and vanilla and blend until combine..
- Then gradually hand stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix..
- Divide the dough evenly into 2 separate bowls. (i did 3).
- Dye one bowl of the dough red with the red food coloring and the other green with the green food coloring. Stir in the food coloring until the color is completely incorporated..
- Wrap each dough with wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour until the dough is firm..
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Then place the red dough on parchment paper or wax paper. Lightly dust with flour. Then with a rolling pin, roll out the dough until a rectangle approximately 1/4 in thick..
- Follow the same process with the green dough..
- Then place the green dough on top of the red dough leaving the parchment paper or wax paper on the outside of the dough..
- Then remove the top wax or parchment paper. Gently roll the rolling pin over the top so that the doughs stick together..
- Then roll the log gently starting on one side of the rectangle and gently remove the bottom wax or parchment paper as you roll. (If the dough is too soft, refrigerate it again so that it’s easier to work with)..
- Next pour the sprinkles on a baking sheet. After the log has been formed, gently roll the log in the sprinkles so that they stick to the outside of the log..
- Then wrap the entire log with plastic wrap after it’s formed and refrigerate it for 30 minutes-1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the log from the refrigerator, unwrap and cut the log into 1/4 inch thick slices to make the cookies and place them on an uncreased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches a part. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are set..
- Remove the the oven, cool for approximately 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- You can find the kits in the stores if your lucky but the recipe makes more cookies.
So if you want to add color to your cookie box this Christmas, bake a. How to make Christmas pinwheel cookies: In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Next, in a separate mixing bowl, blend together the softened butter with the sugar until smooth. (I used a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer for this). Spice up the holidays with these super easy Pinwheel Christmas Cookies. Here is where the patience comes in: You have to chill the dough for Pinwheel Cookies not once, but twice.