Vegan Carrot Cake.
You can cook Vegan Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- It's 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of walnuts.
- It's 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of cold water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- It's 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need of Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- It's 8 of 0 z container vegan cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegan butter.
- You need 2-3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of additional walnuts for garnish.
Vegan Carrot Cake step by step
- Heat your oven to 350Spray two round cake pans with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pans and spray the sides with vegetable oil..
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla protein powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir to combine. Set aside..
- Place walnuts on a baking pan and toast for 5 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long because they will burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before chopping. Stir half of the walnuts into the flour mixture..
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine..
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and pulse several times to shred the carrots. Pour the shredded carrots into the vegetable oil mixture. Stir to combine. Pour this into the flour mixture. Stir until combined..
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Allow the cakes to cool completely..
- In the meantime make your Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting by combining the vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach a desired consistency, which should be spreadable but thick..
- Ice the top of one of the cakes. Top with additional chopped, toasted walnuts. Place the second cake on top. Cover the top cake and sides with frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts..
- Recipe Notes: You can use a 9X13 pan if you prefer that instead of a layered cake. If so, you'll need to bake the cake in a 9X13 pan for about 10 minutes longer. Be sure to use a tester in the center to see if the cake is done..