Recipes: Delicious Sunshine Smoothy
You can cook Sunshine Smoothy using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sunshine Smoothy
- You need of Sunshine Smoothy.
- Prepare 2 cup of ice cubes.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice or OJ concentrate.
- You need 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple-canned,fresh,or frozen.
- Prepare 1 cup of mandarin oranges.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half or milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla extract (optional).
Sunshine Smoothy instructions
- Add everything to blender with ice cubes being last. (I use a ninja, they are great for smoothies).
- Blend to desired consistency adding more or less of any ingredients for your desired consistency..
- This recipe can be tweaked many different ways for all kinds of different fruit flavored smoothies..
- I enjoy using different mixed drink flavored "mixers" as my liquid either with or without OJ in the recipe. I keep several different mixed drink "mixers" such as Daily brand peach daiquiri or margarita mix on hand. I also use Strawberry or Banana mixed drink purees/concentrates. Any grocery store or liquor store usually carries 2 common brands which are "Daily and Finest Call". They are alcohol free and sold as the mix for blending drinks but work great to add variety of flavor to smoothy recipes..
- This recipe is also great just using frozen fruit and any liquid of choice such as OJ. With frozen fruit you don't even need to add ice cubes. Some of my favorite ingredients are mixed frozen fruit with OJ and a little milk. Do you know that frozen fruit and milk blended in the blender makes ice cream. Use your imagination and have fun. My recipe makes a full blender but after I pour a tall refreshing smoothy, i simply put the blender pitcher in the freezer and simply remove from freezer and thaw a bit, when i want another refreshing drink. The recipe above is a great base recipe and is such a refreshing tropical orange flavored drink. I like it as well as a orange Julius or a McDonald's Smoothy. ENJOY!.