Recipes: Delicious Pavlova (Baked Meringue Cake)
Pavlova (Baked Meringue Cake).
You can cook Pavlova (Baked Meringue Cake) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pavlova (Baked Meringue Cake)
- You need 3 of Egg whites.
- It's 90 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It's 90 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It's 12 grams of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's of Sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Fruits of your choice.
Pavlova (Baked Meringue Cake) instructions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the powdered sugar and the cornstarch..
- Add the granulated sugar to the egg whites..
- Mix the egg whites as if cutting through them..
- Whisk at a high speed with an electric hand mixer to make stiff foam. Bring out the sticky texture of the egg whites by beating for about 10 minutes..
- Sift in the combined powder from Step 1 in 3 batches. Mix roughly with a rubber spatula after adding the powder each time. To avoid breaking the foam, do not press the foam with the flat side of the spatula while mixing..
- Slide the spatula into the foam horizontally, scoop some of the foam, flip over the spatula towards you, and let the foam fall. Keep rotating the bowl during this step..
- Pipe the meringue in circles on the baking sheet lined with the parchment paper, (or scoop the meringue with a spoon and spread out into a circle)..
- Attach a star shaped nozzle and make a wall by piping dots at the edge. If you make a double-layered wall, it will be firmer, (or make a wall roughly with a spoon)..
- If you have time, leave the meringue base for 20 to 30 minutes to let the surface dry. It makes the result look better. To let dry quickly, I recommend you to put it in front of a heater..
- Pipe the extra meringue into small circles and bake with the meringue base. It is good for a small snack. Crushed almonds or walnuts are good to mix with meringue for a delicious flavor..
- Bake at 120 ℃ for 30 to 40 minutes. Turn around the baking sheet every 10 minutes while baking. When baked, let cool for a while, then place on a rack and let cool again..
- If you have time, it is recommended not to open the oven soon after baking to let dry in residual heat. (You can leave it overnight if you bake at night.).
- Add the sugar and the vanilla extract to the heavy cream and whip. Pipe the whipped cream on the meringue base, and decorate the fruits. It's done..
- The small meringues are crispy and tasty. The baking time is a little shorter than that for the pavlova, so please check the color and remove from the oven when baked..