Recipes: Delicious Natural Christmas Cake (Refined Carb-Free)
Natural Christmas Cake (Refined Carb-Free).
You can cook Natural Christmas Cake (Refined Carb-Free) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Natural Christmas Cake (Refined Carb-Free)
- Prepare 175 g of dried apricots, diced.
- It's 6 tbsp of water.
- It's 150 mls of olive oil.
- It's 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare 175 g of plain wholewheat flour.
- It's 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- You need 1 of lemon, zest & juice.
- You need 1 of orange, zest & juice.
- Prepare 175 g of raisins.
- You need 125 g of dried mixed fruit.
- You need 225 g of currants.
- It's 175 g of sultanas.
- You need 100 g of dried cherries.
- You need 40 g of flaked almonds.
Natural Christmas Cake (Refined Carb-Free) instructions
- Add the diced apricots and the water to a pan and simmer gently until the apricots have absorbed the water and nice and soft..
- Allow the apricots to cool then blend in a food processor until finely minced (or mince with a sharp knife if you don’t have a food processor)..
- Put the rest of the dried fruit into a large mixing bowl. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and orange, stir really well and let the fruit soak up the juices..
- In the largest mixing bowl you have, whisk together the oil and minced apricot puree until it is as well combined as you can get it. Whisk in the eggs until all of the ingredients are combined..
- Sift in the flour and spice, mix gently to combine all of the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture..
- Stir in the rest of your ingredients..
- Pour into an 8 inch cake tin lined with parchment paper. Tie a strip of parchment paper around the outside of your tin with string..
- Bake at 150°C for 3 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean..