Italian Christmas cookies.
You can cook Italian Christmas cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Christmas cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- It's 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 each of eggs.
- You need 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 of sprinkles.
Italian Christmas cookies instructions
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in ricotta and vanilla..
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda in a separate bowl and mix well..
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix a small amount at a time..
- Drop rounded teaspoon of dough about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool on baking racks..
- Mix frosting ingredients (butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk) until smooth and frost cookies. Top with sprinkles..