Recipe: Perfect Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. Carrot Cake Recipe - How to Make Carrot Cake I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter.
Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. Sometimes nuts such as walnuts or pecans are added into the cake. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like a fluffier Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for. • How to make carrot cake from scratch. You can cook Carrot Cake using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It's of Carrot Cake:.
- You need 1 cup of pecans or walnuts- lightly baked & coarsely chopped.
- You need 340 g of raw carrots (about 2 1/2 cups finely grated).
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sunflower, vegetable or canola oil (or other flavorless oil).
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- It's 1/4 cup (57 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 8 ounces (227 grams) of cream cheese, room temperature.
- It's 2 cups (230 grams) of confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted.
- It's 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of pure vanilla extract.
- It's 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin) (optional).
This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter, or spray cake pan..
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon..
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs until frothy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on high speed, until the batter is thick and light colored (about 3 - 4 minutes). With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and then beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. With a rubber spatula fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts..
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean..
- Cream Cheese Frosting: With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the lemon juice and beat until incorporated. Add the soft cream cheese in four to five additions (scraping the bowl as needed), beating until incorporated and the frosting is nice and smooth..
- To Assemble: Once the cake is cool, slice it in the middle. Place one layer of the cake on your serving platter. Spread with about 3/4 cup (150 grams) of the frosting. Gently place the second cake layer onto the frosting and spread the rest of the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. If desired, garnish with toasted nuts. Serve cold or bring to room temperature before serving..
This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. Truly our best-ever carrot cake recipe, make this classic favorite for a crowd and you might not have any leftovers to bring home. Spoon ¼ of the icing on top and spread in an even layer.