Christmas Fruit cake.
You can cook Christmas Fruit cake using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas Fruit cake
- Prepare 220 Gram of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 220 Gram of Muscavado dark sugar.
- It's 220 Gram of Butter.
- Prepare 800 Gram of Mixed fruits and raisins.
- Prepare 50 gram of almond powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of treacle.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 pack of Marzipan ready to roll.
- You need 1 pack of ready to roll fondant.
- Prepare 1 pack of decorating stars edible.
- Prepare 85 ml of Brandy.
- It's 1 of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 of orange zest.
- It's of Few almonds as topping.
- It's of Apricot jam.
Christmas Fruit cake instructions
- In a large bowl with mixed dried fruit, Add the brandy and give a good mix. Then cover with clingfilm and soak for 3 nights in the fridge..
- On the fourth day(after 3 nights of soaking mixed fruits in brandy), Grease and line a 20cm cake tin, preferably with a removable base..
- Preheat the oven to 150°C..
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar and black treacle until paler and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating each one at a time..
- Add the flour and mix with spatula. I don't use electric mixer for the flour..
- Now add the mixed fruits, almond powder. It might look a bit messy at this point but that's how it would be..
- Pour into the pan. Top it with almonds. This will help for good appearance Incase we don't have time to decorate later!.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper to overturn the top layer. Keep the pan in oven for 3 hours at 140 *C.
- Switch off oven. Allow cake to cool down..
- Keep in airtight container..
- On the day of decorating, knead the marzipan and roll it over. I did according to Waitrose video on YouTube..
- You need 2 TSP apricot jam a bit heated to apply on cake so that marzipan sticks to it..
- 12 hours after marzipan dried, I applied the fondant icing similar to how marzipan was kneaded, rolled and stuck on cake. Cut out the edges..
- Then stick the edible stars.
- Keep in airtight cake container until ready to display..