Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Carrot Cake - WSM
Carrot Cake - WSM.
You can cook Carrot Cake - WSM using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake - WSM
- Prepare 225 ml of Sunflower oil.
- You need 225 gr of light muscovado sugar Or Any Light Brown if cannot get it.
- You need 4 of medium eggs.
- You need 225 gr of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground ginger & ground nutmeg.
- It's 150 gr of sultanas OR 100 gr Sultanas and 50 gr Dried Mixed Fruit.
- You need 200 gr of carrots, coarsely grated.
- It's 50-75 g of walnuts or pecans or almonds (or mix), roughly chopped.
- Prepare of For Icing.
- Prepare 250 gr of unsalted butter, very soft.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Orange or Lemon extract (optional).
- Prepare 400 gr of full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It's 300 g (11 oz) of icing sugar.
- Prepare of Any Silly Decorations that make you smile - of course Marzipan Carrots if you can get :).
Carrot Cake - WSM step by step
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan) mark 3. Grease and line the base and sides of a round 20.5cm (8in) cake tin with parchment paper. Put the oil, sugar and eggs into a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. (I used a food processor with the Cake / Bread attachment and pulsed).
- Add the flour, soda and spices to the bowl and mix to combine. Stir in the sultanas, carrots and nuts. Scrape mixture into the prepared tin, level and bake for 1hr 5min-1hr 15min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5min in tin, then remove from tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, in a large bowl beat the butter and vanilla until completely smooth, then add the room-temperature cream cheese and mix to combine. Sift over the icing sugar and mix (carefully at first, as otherwise there will be clouds of icing sugar) until smooth and fluffy.
- Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally through the middle. Use half the icing to sandwich the halves back together and place cake on a cake stand/plate. Spread remaining icing over top of the cake and lay on the carrot decorations, if using. Serve in slices..