Key Lime Velvet Cake.
You can cook Key Lime Velvet Cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Velvet Cake
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp key lime zest.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white vinegar/apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of key lime juice + 1 tbsp hot water, mixed.
- You need of Afew drops yellow food colouring, optional.
Key Lime Velvet Cake step by step
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine..
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add in the sugar, butter and oil and whisk till thoroughly combined..
- Next, add in the eggs and whisk again until a thick smooth mixture forms..
- Then, add in the lime zest, vanilla, vinegar and food colouring and whisk again to combine..
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating, beginning with the dry ingredients. With a spatula, fold in after each addition..
- Finally, add in the lime juice and with the spatula lightly fold it in, making sure to have a smooth, airy batter at the end without overmixing..
- Pour the batter into a 7 inch round cake pan (for a tall cake) that has been lined with parchment paper and greased around the sides..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 35 minutes..
- The cake is ready when the top is still soft but set and is golden brown around the edges. Do the toothpick test as well..
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then take it out. Dust with powdered sugar and lime zest if desired and serve preferably warm. Enjoy!.