Easiest Way to Meal Prep Diet Soft Mexican Wedding Cookies
Soft Mexican Wedding Cookies. I have made Mexican Wedding Cookies for more than half my life. It was taught to me by my Auntie Nacia when I was in high school. I did use chopped walnuts in place of the suggested nuts because I prefer a softer nut with these cookies I also used powder sugar in place of.
They are delectable butter-type cookies served as favors at traditional Mexican weddings. They also make a wonderful addition to any Christmas goodie platter. Chill dough if it seems too soft. You can have Soft Mexican Wedding Cookies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft Mexican Wedding Cookies
- You need 10 oz of Pastry flour or all-purpose flour.
- You need 10 oz of Butter.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 4 oz of Powdered sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Walnuts.
These Mexican Wedding Cookies are soft, buttery pecan cookies that melt-in-your-mouth! Don't get fooled by the name, these cookies will make a great addition to your favorite holiday cookies. Mexican Wedding Cookies - melt-in-your-mouth, buttery, pecan dotted cookies are rolled in sweet blizzard of snowy white powdered sugar and you'll be savoring every Mexican Wedding Cookies. Who knew one cookie could go by some many different names!
Soft Mexican Wedding Cookies step by step
- Scale all the ingredients.
- Cream butter and vanilla extract until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and the flower continue to mix.
- Add the chopped walnuts or pecans then give it a mix for five seconds.
- Scoop the cookie dough and place it on parchment paper.
- Place the cookie dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie turns brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down for 10 minutes then sift powdered sugar on top of the cookies.
The perfect bite-sized cookie that melts in your mouth. You don't want the butter to be too soft or else your cookies will spread. Hello my beautiful fam welcome back to my kitchen, today I'm going to share with you how to make the most delicious polvorones , Mexican wedding cookies ! Some years ago, when my son was still in elementary school and before we started homeschooling, we always used to bake these cookies for his teachers, and for our neighbors around Christmas time. Now he's a young man and those days of cookie-baking together.