Easiest Way to Make Yummy Christmas Apple Cake in a Frying Pan
Christmas Apple Cake in a Frying Pan.
You can have Christmas Apple Cake in a Frying Pan using 19 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Apple Cake in a Frying Pan
- It's of Simmered Apples (using a 20 cm or 24 cm diameter frying pan).
- It's 1 of Apple.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of Powdered brown sugar (or use regular white sugar).
- You need 15 grams of Butter.
- It's of Cake Batter (using a 20 cm diameter frying pan).
- Prepare 100 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml of Milk.
- You need 5 grams of Butter.
- Prepare of Cake Batter (using a 24 cm diameter frying pan).
- It's 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- You need 20 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 160 ml of Milk.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare of To finish:.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon powder.
Christmas Apple Cake in a Frying Pan instructions
- Make the simmered apple slices: First, peel the apple and remove the core. Cut into 7 mm thick wedges..
- Then, place the apple slices, sugar, powdered brown sugar, and butter into a frying pan, and mix. Set the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Stir occasionally..
- After about 3 minutes, remove the lid and simmer over medium heat for another 5 minutes or so while stirring occasionally. When the sauce has thickened, turn the heat off..
- Line the bottom of the frying pan with the simmered apple slices in a spiral pattern..
- Place the pancake mix, egg, sugar, and milk in a bowl, and mix with a whisk..
- Place the butter in a heatproof container. Microwave for about 20 seconds at 600 W to melt the butter. Add the melted butter to the batter from Step 5, and mix well..
- Pour the batter from Step 6 gently into the Step 4 frying pan over the apple slices. Please pour carefully so the arranged apple slices won't move..
- Cover the Step 7 frying pan with a lid, and cook over the lowest heat for about 10 minutes. 8 minutes might be enough depending on the heat level, so keep an eye on it..
- When the center of the cake puffs up, turn off the heat. Leave the frying pan with the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid, and slide a rubber spatula in from the edges of the cake so that you can remove the cake cleanly and easily from the frying pan..
- Invert a large plate on the frying pan. While holding the plate against the frying pan, flip the whole thing over to transfer the cake to the plate..
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder all over the surface of the cake..
- To make the cake in a 24 cm diameter frying pan: first, double the batter ingredients, and cook. Use the same amount of apples to make simmered apple slices..
- Then, follow Steps 1 through 5 in the same way. In Step 6, microwave the butter for 30 seconds. In Step 8, cook the cake over the lowest heat for about 15 minutes while keeping an eye on it..
- Steps 9 through 12 are the same..
- If you don't have any powdered brown sugar for the simmered apple slices, you can use regular sugar instead..
- Tip: You can also cook a cake in a 26 cm diameter frying pan by using the same amount of ingredients for the cake batter when using a 24 cm diameter frying pan..
- Tip: You can also cook a cake in a 22 cm diameter frying pan by using the same amount of ingredients for the cake batter when using a 20 cm diameter frying pan..
- Tip: The thickness of the cake will vary depending on the diameter of the frying pan, so will the cooking time..
- Tip: If the cake is quite thin, reduce the cooking time. If the cake is thick, if you cook the cake for too long it may burn..
- Tip: The cake will cook up differently depending on the size and type of the frying pan, the heat level, the distance from the heat to the frying pan and so on..
- Tip: If you'd like to make this cake several times, please find the ideal cooking time and amount for your frying pan.
- Other frying pan cake recipes: "Christmas Apple Cheesecake in a Frying Pan" https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146465-apple-cheesecake-in-a-frying-pan.
- "Cooking in a Frying Pan: Pancake Mix Cinnamon Apple Cake" https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153218-pancake-mix-cinnamon-apple-cake-in-a-frying-pan.