Easiest Way to Make Delicious Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies"
Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies".
You can have Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies"
- It's 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 pound of butter (I used salted).
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 4 of large egg whites.
- It's 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 1/4 of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 of 9x13 pan.
- You need of Blackberry jam or any flavor you like that goes well the lemon.
Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup ofsugar together thoroughly; add egg yolk and salt and combine. Add flour and combine. Pat mixture into a 9X13 inch.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Continue to beat until you reach a meringue consistency. Gently fold in ground walnuts and lemon extract..
- Spread jelly over dough mixture in the pan.
- Swirl meringue over jelly. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts..
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Let it cool and then cut into square. Decorate with fresh mint and fruit of choice..
- Serve and enjoy !!!! I would love to here feed back. Even if you made adjustments that's great too !!.
- This was the raspberry with the lemon meringue No Walnuts - Non traditional.
- This was the traditional with blackberry and walnuts.