Eggless caramelised Christmas Plum cake. Loaded with dry fruits and enhanced with goodness of spices is this cake all about! We bring you this perfect recipe of this eggless plum cake/ fruit cake. eggless christmas cake,plum cake eggless,fruits cake eggless,christmas fruit cake,eggless plum cake recipe,plum cake without oven,plum,cake,christmas,christmas cake reccipe,eggfree plum cake. Eggless fruit cake recipe or eggless plum cake recipe, a great cake for Christmas season that requires no eggs to prepare.
Let us celebrate Christmas with this delicious eggless Plum Cake. This was the other recipe which Swathi gave for the Baking Partner's challenge this month. The original recipe was suggested by Archana of Tangy Minds and the recipe had eggs. You can have Eggless caramelised Christmas Plum cake using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless caramelised Christmas Plum cake
- It's 2 tbsp of Walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Almonds.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Dates.
- It's 2 tbsp of Raisins.
- It's 3 tbsp of tutti fruity.
- Prepare 8-10 of Cherry.
- You need 2 tbsp of Pistachios.
- It's 1 Cup of Orange Juice.
- Prepare of For Caramel.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- It's as needed of Water.
- It's of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Vinegar / Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 2 Cup of Maida / All purpose Flour.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Cloves Powder.
So I set out making it eggless. This is my first post on Eggless Christmas Fruit cake recipe without alcohol/ rum and condensed milk. Though I've tried some eggless plum cake recipes earlier, I couldn't post any. I wanted to post a perfect eggless fruit cake recipe for christmas.
Eggless caramelised Christmas Plum cake step by step
- Firstly Chop the nuts finely, then rinse the dry fruits and nuts in water twice. Then, soak all the nuts and dry fruits in 1 cup of orange juice..
- Now For caramelizing the Sugar in pan, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of water. Heat in very low flame, till bubbles appear. Stir till the sugar crystallizes and turn brownish..
- Immediately pour 1 cup of water, Heat in low flame again, till the sugar dissolves completel.Keep the caramel aside and let it cool down completely..
- For the spice powder. To a dry mixer, add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Add 1 or 2 tsp of sugar, so it grinds easily and then powder it..
- Takes a wide bowl and place a sieve over it. Then, sift maida, baking soda, baking powder and the spice powders once. Add the soaked nuts and dry fruits to the dry ingredients..
- To the caramel, pour the oil and vinegar. Now, add the caramel mixture and fold it gently. I used tutti frutti, if using just coat with 1 tsp of maida, else it sinks to the bottom..
- Fold the batter gently and ensure there are no lumps..
- Now preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180c..
- Then, brush a baking tray with oil and dust little flour all over or line it with a butter paper..
- Transfer the batter to the baking tray. Shake the pan twice, so that the air bubbles releases..
- Place the tray in a pre-heated oven and bake it for 30 minutes at 180c or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Our plum cake is ready..
Each person has their own list of 'must have' foods for Christmas. The most common among all is this Fruit Cake; that wonderful combination of nuts and dried fruits with barely enough cake batter to hold it all together. Slice Eggless Christmas fruit cake once cooled completely. Eggless Fruit cake made with wheat flour. Better than the plum cakes I used to buy during Christmas from the market.