Eggless Traditional Christmas Fruit And Nut Cake.
You can have Eggless Traditional Christmas Fruit And Nut Cake using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggless Traditional Christmas Fruit And Nut Cake
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped sultanas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dates.
- Prepare 200 ml of wine.
- It's 1/4 cup of dried chopped figs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of orange zest.
- It's 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almond meal.
- It's 11/2 cups of butter(room temperature).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of clove powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 cups of chopped cashew nuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 tbsp of flax seeds.
- You need 12 tbsp of chilled water.
- You need 2 of fistful Pecans.
Eggless Traditional Christmas Fruit And Nut Cake instructions
- Soak all the chopped dry fruits in wine for 30 days..
- Chop nuts into small equal size. Strain the dry fruits and keep separately. Dust nuts and fruits with all purpose flour. It helps to spread evenly in the batter and do not sink to the bottom of the cake pan..
- Powder flax seeds and mix with 12 tbsp of chilled water and let it rest for 15 minutes.This process of resting helps the flax mixture develop a gelatinous consistency similar to eggs..
- Grease the Bundt Pan with butter and dust with all purpose flour. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius..
- Sift flour, baking powder and spices together twice and keep it aside..
- In a large bowl whisk butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add in flax meal mixture gradually..
- Add in the flour mixture slowly until it is well combined..
- Add in the dusted Fruit and Nut mixture, almond meal with vanilla extract. Gently fold the mixture..
- The cake batter will be thick. To it add leftover wine and fold until the cake batter is well combined. Do not over fold the mixture..
- In a greased Bundt Pan arrange pecans as shown. Spoon the cake batter in the pan and level the surface with the back of a spoon..
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean..
- Once baked remove from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan..
- Store the Eggless Traditional Christmas Fruit And Nut Cake in an airtight container wrapped in aluminium foil for two to three months. Once or twice a week feed the cake with leftover wine. It helps the cake to stay moist,fresh and enhance the taste..