Recipe: Tasty "Sunny-Side Up Egg" Cake
"Sunny-Side Up Egg" Cake.
You can cook "Sunny-Side Up Egg" Cake using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Sunny-Side Up Egg" Cake
- It's of Citrus Cake.
- Prepare 130 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 envelope of vanilla sugar (about 5g).
- It's 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 150 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 envelope of baking powder (about 10g).
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of flavorless oil.
- You need of "Egg White" Cream.
- Prepare 1 envelope of lemon or vanilla pudding mix (the kind you have to cook).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 100 ml of sweetened heavy cream.
- You need 350 ml of milk.
- Prepare of "Egg Yolk".
- You need 6 small of peaches or apricots.
"Sunny-Side Up Egg" Cake instructions
- For the cake: whisk eggs and both types of sugar until pale and frothy. Whisk in milk and oil. Stir in baking powder and flour until just combined. Bake in a 30×45 cm cake pan in a 180°C oven for 20 min or until golden around the edges. Cake may appear undercooked because it is so soft, but avoid overbaking it.
- For the cream: combine pudding mix, sugar, heavy cream and 50 ml of milk. Stir until no lumps remain. Next, bring the remaining milk (300 ml) to the boil, add the pudding mixture and cook for 5-10 min over a low heat or until thickened (stir continously). Let cool for a few minutes then spread over the cake.
- For the decoration: peel your fruit and cut in half vertically, so you'll be left with a middle bit with the stone and two half moon slices (for each peach). Round the edges with a knife to resemble the yolk. Put on top of your cake (pudding should be slightly warm but not liquid anymore). Serve cold, enjoy :).