Recipe: Tasty Easy Tamale Pie
Easy Tamale Pie.
You can have Easy Tamale Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Tamale Pie
- Prepare of Filling.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1-2 of jalapeños (or as many as you like).
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of cans of pinto or black beans.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It's of Topping.
- You need 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix.
- It's 1 (14 oz) of can creamed corn.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Easy Tamale Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a cast iron skillet brown the beef, then drain..
- Add the onions and jalapeños to the beef and cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat..
- Combine the beans and tomatoes with the beef and onions..
- In a mixing bowl mix the 1st 3 ingredients for the topping..
- Add the cornbread mixture on top of the beef mixture..
- Add cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown..