Easiest Way to Prep Yummy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
You can have Chocolate Peppermint Cookies using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- It's 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2 tbsp. unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- It's 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 of baking bar (4oz.) white chocolate.
- It's 3 of candy canes, crushed.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed for 1 minute or so until smooth and creamy. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, then beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined. On low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined, then switch to high speed and beat in the mini chocolate chips..
- Cover the dough tightly and place it in the fridge to chill it for at least 3 hours (and up to 3 days). Take the dough out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you are ready to start baking..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of baking trays with either parchment paper or with silicone baking mats and set them aside. Scoop about 1.5 tbsp. of dough per cookie into balls and place them on the prepared baking trays, about 2" apart from each other..
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan at the 4 minute mark. The cookies will still look very soft in the centers. Allow them to cool on the trays for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once they're completely cooled, melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Then you can either use a spoon to drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies or you can place the white chocolate in a Ziploc bag and snip one corner off to drizzle it. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top while the white chocolate is still wet, then allow the white chocolate to set and harden..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week..