Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake.
You can have Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry fruits.
- It's 1 - 2 tablespoons of orange peel.
- Prepare 4 - 5 numbers of strawberry glaced or fresh.
- Prepare 4 numbers of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of maida plain flour /.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 1 - 2 teaspoons of vanilla vanilla essence essence.
- It's 1 cup of sugar powdered.
- It's 1 number of orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar caramel for.
- It's 3/4 of water cuo.
- You need 200 grams of butter soften.
- You need 4 - 5 tablespoons of oil.
- It's 2 teaspoons of ground spices.
Rich Traditional Christmas Plum Cake step by step
- Soak the dry fruits(cashews,almonds,golden raisins,black sultanas,tuti fruiti,etc),orange peel,chopped strawberry in the orange juice(i added little red grape wine,optional) for around 1 whole day..
- Seperate eggs when cold into whites and yolks. Leave at room temp. Place all ingredients in right measurement in advance..
- Sift the flour, baking powder,soda and spices(1/2 nutmeg, 1 cinnamon, 2 cardamon,1 dry ginger and 1-2 cloves) in a bowl..
- Prepare the rich caramel. Take 1/2 cup sugar with 1.5 tablespoons of water. Bring to boil unstirred, till a dark brown black color appears. Quickly add remaining boiling water into it drop by drop. Take extra care as this is dangerous. Let it cool..
- Meanwhite,grease 2 8" inch cake tins ir a good silicone rectangular greased dish. Prehear oven to 180° c for 10-15 minutes..
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks are achieved. Cream the yolks with sugar till 3 minutes. Add melted or soft butter, and the oil. Slowly whisk it in..
- Add vanila and orange zest and beat well.add the half dry ingredients nd beat with electric whisk. Dont overbeat it as it will make cake stiff..
- Next add the caramel all at once and whisk slowly with wood spoon or wire whisk. Add remaining flour mix and fold well..
- Last,add the egg whites anand fold very gently by cut and fold way..
- Coat the strained dry fruits in some flour so it won't sibk into the cake..
- Add 3-4 tablesooons of the soaked juice abd stir well..
- Nicely spread iut the cake batter equally ibto both half the tins(i didnt have so used the loaf and rectangular tin) onto the greased tins.
- Bake at 45 minutes if you need just the right softned cake and extra 5 minutes for firmer dark moist plum cake..
- It will knock everyone out.try and please say your thoughts.