Easiest Way to Make Delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies.
You can have Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- You need of FOOD INGREDIENTS.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 cup of butter.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated lemon peel.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's of TOOLS.
- Prepare 1 of Fork & Spatula.
- Prepare 1 large of Bowl.
- It's 1 of Plastic Wrap.
- Prepare 1 of Waxed Paper.
- You need 1 of Fluted Round Cookie Cutter.
- Prepare 1 of Greases Baking Sheets.
- Prepare 1 of Wire Racks or Refrigerated Dinner Plates.
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup, lemon peel, and extracts. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well..
- Shape into three balls, then flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm..
- Roll each portion of dough between two sheets of waxed paper into 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2 1/2-in. fluted round cookie cutter. Using a floured spatula, place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps if desired..
- Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cook for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks..