Easiest Way to Make Delicious Apple Streusel (sheet cake)
Apple Streusel (sheet cake).
You can have Apple Streusel (sheet cake) using 25 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel (sheet cake)
- It's 85 g of almonds.
- It's of optional: 20g croquant.
- You need of optional: 20g crumbled speculus cookies.
- You need of Streusel (in this order) :.
- It's 250 g of flour.
- It's 120 g of brown sugar.
- It's dash of Himalayan salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 200 g of cold vegan butter.
- You need of Dough :.
- You need 250 g of room temp vegan butter.
- It's 100 g of sugar.
- You need 5 of vegan eggs (a substitute for 5 eggs/5 tbsp=100ml aquafaba) OR.
- It's 5 of flaxseed eggs (5tsp ground flax+5tbsp hot water).
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground vanilla.
- You need 400 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 50-90 ml of nut/plant milk (1-2tbs more if using whole-wheat flour).
- It's of Prepare in advance :.
- It's 1250 g of peeled, cored, quartered apples (the tarter the better).
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Oven :.
- You need 175 of °C oven for 40 min.
- You need 220 of °C for 5 min.
Apple Streusel (sheet cake) step by step
- Chop almonds (in tmx 5sec speed6) and set aside.
- If you chose adding optional ingredients, please mix at reverse speed3 for 2sec.
- Mix streusel ingredients (tmx 5sec speed4) until streusel form and keep cool. Without tmx, please have streusel mix look like in the photo after having prepared it manually or with a different mixer.
- For the dough cream together butter and sugar (tmx all together 60sec at speed 5).
- During 60sec mixing after 20 sec add aquafaba (or equivalent plant 'eggs').
- Add vanilla, bkg pwd, flour and milk. Mix well (tmx 20sec speed5) till thickly but still spreadable - if you have used the flax seed 'eggs' you might need up to 40ml more plant milk.
- You might want to stop and handstir a bit and check consistency. If too dry, add 1tbsp of plant milk.
- Spread dough onto lined baking sheet.
- Chop apples into small bites, sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon (tmx half of apples 5sec speed4).
- Add to top of dough.
- Cover with streusel.
- Distribute almonds on top.
- 40min into 175C oven.
- 5min at double heat at 220°C.
- Take out and let cool in baking sheet.
- Now cut into squares or your preferred shapes.
- Ready to serve.