sugar cookies with icing. This icing recipe is the "Holy Grail" of icing. This Sugar Cookie Icing recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and incredibly easy to make too. Perfect for decorating sugar cookies for any holiday!
You'll enjoy this easy glaze icing, too. It's a wonderful Since you may already be familiar with my sugar cookie recipe, I'm using today to focus on the icing. I love royal icing, but it can be pretty particular sometimes. You can have sugar cookies with icing using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sugar cookies with icing
- It's 1 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 5 cup of flour.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of milk.
- It's 1 of food coloring.
Sugar cookies decorated with royal icing can also be frozen as long as the icing has had time to set completely first. I'm venturing out and making cut-out Sugar Cookies with Royal icing for the holidays, and, hopefully, for gifts to the most very special people !! Sugar cookies with icing is my long time wish to try. But it took so long for me to come out of my comfort zone and try something like this, that is new to me.
sugar cookies with icing step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt..
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour..
- Roll out dough on flour-dusted surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters..
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet..
- 6-8 minutes in 400°F preheated oven..
- Let cookies cool completely before icing..
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk to make icing with desired food coloring. Adjust consistency of icing by added very small amounts of milk at a time..
Thanks to Kungumam thozi magazine, atleast for magazine sake, I am trying out these. This Sugar Cookie Icing is buttery sweet and made in minutes. It's the ideal texture for pouring in swirling designs over your soft sugar cookies or cut-out sugar cookies and hardens just enough to make them stackable for party platters and edible gift giving. Thin, flat cut-out cookies like sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies are the best candidates for decorating with icing. These cookies are sturdy enough that they won't crumble as you work with them and have large, flat areas that are just begging for a bit of decoration.