Christmas Cake with Almonds.
You can cook Christmas Cake with Almonds using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake with Almonds
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups (335 g) of plain flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup (220 g) of brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 300 g of butter.
- It's 1 cup (160 g) of raisins.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups (306 g) of sultanas.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (120 g) of currants.
- It's 1 cup (140 g) of chopped dates.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of blanched almonds.
- It's 3/4 cup (180 ml) of brandy.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda.
Christmas Cake with Almonds instructions
- Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF)..
- Soak raisins, sultanas, currants, almonds, dates, brandy, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well and cover and leave overnight..
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy..
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg addition..
- Drain soaked fruits and put aside..
- Sift flour and bicarbonate soda over drained fruit mixture mixing well. Make sure all fruits are coated..
- Once all fruits are coated put in creamed butter and sugar mixture and stir well..
- Pour into prepared cake tin. Place almonds on top as decor and bake for 3 hours 10 minutes, or until it passes the skewer test (should come out clean)..
- Allow to cool in tin..