SPROUTED RAGI - CHOCOLATE & DATES SMOOTHIE. Sift the whole wheat flour, sprouted ragi malt powder, Choco dates smoothie powder, salt and baking powder together in a bowl. Chocolate coloured Ragi with white sprouts looks very tempting, something like an artwork. In this post, I am sharing how to make Ragi sprouts and along with that also sharing as to why to sprout Ragi and then most importantly, how to use that sprouted Ragi.
When we are preparing recipes like ragi kanji, or Sweet Ragi Malt Recipe, sprouted ragi provides more nutrition than otherwise. You can also make sprouted ragi cutlets with these. This flour made of sprouted ragi is believed to. You can cook SPROUTED RAGI - CHOCOLATE & DATES SMOOTHIE using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SPROUTED RAGI - CHOCOLATE & DATES SMOOTHIE
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sprouted ragi flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of pitted dates.
- You need 3 glasses of milk (Vegan’s can use substitutions).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of honey.
- It's 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 4-5 tsp of choco chips.
Or ways to use sprouted ragi flour raw? We recommend cooking the flour into porridge or dosa. How to make homemade sprouted ragi flour and ragi porridge popularly known as ragi kanji/kuruku with the homemade ragi flour? Let's see today in this post.
SPROUTED RAGI - CHOCOLATE & DATES SMOOTHIE step by step
- Take ragi in a vessel and wash it. Then soak the ragi in clean water for 12 hours. Keep it covered (with provision to some air to enter) while soaking. After 12 hours, open. Then drain the water completely. Transfer the drained ragi to a clean white cloth for sprouting. Place the cloth with ragi in a colander. Tie it up with all four corners and keep it undisturbed for another 12 hours for sprouting. After 12 hours, open the cloth carefully. You could see the tiny sprouts in ragi..
- In a pot add milk and ragi powder. Give everything a quick mix. Bring the mixture to a boil on medium to slow stirring in between, to avoid any lumps..
- Keep aside and let it cool..
- In a blender jar, add coco powder, dates and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Blend to smooth and then add the ragi and milk mixture. Blend again until well combined..
- Garnish with choco chip.Serve Warm / Cold..
Have you read our ragi cake with chocolate sauce?? Ragi or finger millet has a distinct taste with amazing health benefits. It is a rich source of calcium, protein, carbohydrate, fibre, thiamine and iron. Sprouting is a nutritious way of eating Ragi. This post describes how to sprout Ragi (finger millet) with clear and easy step by step picture instructions.