Recipes: Perfect Protein SMOOTHie
Protein SMOOTHie. Smoothies are a great way to get a nutrient-packed meal or snack, stat. They provide everything you need—protein, healthy fats, vegetables, and fruits—all in one convenient package. When you see a Northwell Healthy Choice recipe, you know it's delicious, easy to make, and good for you and your family!
Protein shakes are easy enough for vegetarians to whip up, but if you're vegan and you want a protein-packed smoothie after a workout or for a hearty breakfast, you might be wondering where to. These high-protein smoothie recipes are made with Greek yogurt, tofu, oatmeal, nut butter, and quality protein powders to keep you full and satisfied for hours. Banana-Oat Protein Smoothie A mega-dose of potassium in bananas protects the heart and promotes calcium absorption. You can cook Protein SMOOTHie using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Protein SMOOTHie
- You need 1/2 pc of avocado.
- You need 1 tbsp of instant coffee of choice (I use 3in1).
- It's 1 scoop of whey powder.
- It's 200 g of water (if you like it thicker you may reduce to 125-150g).
Protein-heavy smoothies can make great meal replacements and help build muscle, but are best employed around your workout. Rumsey reminds us that "timing is key. Start your day with these protein smoothies and luxuriate in what tastes like thick, velvety milkshakes! If you're stuck in a smoothie rut, adding the same old ingredients to your blender time and time again.
Protein SMOOTHie step by step
- Put the avocado into a blender.
- Put the water first, then the powder mixture. Depends with the type of blender you're using, I put my powder last bcs I have to flip the bottle later on so the powder doesn't get stuck on the other side of the bottle. If you're using normal blender, you may add all ingredients in one go..
- Blend that beauty for around 1 minute..
- The smoothie will come up so smooth, it'll look like a chocolate milkshake..
High-protein shakes and smoothies are pretty much the perfect on-the-go breakfast: Fast, easy, and portable. Maybe most importantly, kicking your day off with a nice boost of protein means your tummy. This list of delicious smoothies only includes recipes with a natural high protein count - essential (including no protein powder!) for rebuilding muscle and strengthening up after a good workout. Build lean muscle with these expert-recommended high protein smoothie recipes. Make one for a healthy breakfast or nourishing post-workout snack.