Almond Biscotti. Made these almond biscotti and they turned out delicious! I followed the recipe accordingly and followed Chef John's instructions per the video and couldn't be happier with the way these turned out. An elegant weeknight dessert with this Almond Biscotti Recipe from Food.com.
Biscotti are simply twice baked cookies. These almond biscotti are everything you want biscotti to be: buttery, lightly sweet, crunchy, and delicious. The long curved shape of these Almond Biscotti make them instantly recognizable. You can cook Almond Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Biscotti
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- It's 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 of spray bottle with room temperature water (optional).
My favorite almond biscotti are spiked with a little anise—not so much that they become a licorice-fest, but enough to add a hint of intrigue and elevate the almond aroma. How to store this almond biscotti recipe: Make sure your almond biscotti recipe is completely cooled before storing. I recommend placing them in an air tight cookie tin at room temperature so they stay. I think these twice-baked, very crisp You can now watch how to make Almond Biscotti in our Cookery School Perfect Cakes term - 'Biscuits' video lesson below.
Almond Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it lightly with non stick cooking spray..
- In medium bowl beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond extract and baking powder until smooth and creamy..
- Beat in eggs at a low speed and add the flour mixing until smooth. The dough should be sticky..
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and divide it in half. Shape each half of dough into 2-9 1/2" x 2" logs about 3/4" tall. Make sure to straighten them out smoothing the tops and sides. Sprinkle with sugar and gently pat it in..
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes. Remove from oven..
- **Tip-When I take these out of the oven I like to take a spray bottle with room temperature water and spritz the sides and tops just lightly. This will soften your crust just a bit so that the biscoti slices easier.**.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°..
- Wait 5 minutes after spritzing the biscotti (if you choose to use the tip) and then cut it into 1/2-3/4" slices..
- Set the biscotti on its edge on the baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until they feel very dry and start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven. These will continue to dry out as they cool. You can either leave them on the baking sheet or transfer them onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container and these will last a couple of weeks..
- Once biscotti is cooled, you can melt some chocolate, dip and decorate with your favorite toppings!.
Amazing, simple vegan biscotti infused with orange zest and roasted almonds. Dip in vegan dark chocolate for a decadent touch. Friends, are you ready for vegan biscotti perfection? This Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti turned me into a biscotti lover! It's crunchy, crumbly, and full of flavor!