Recipe: Yummy Semolina Cake
You can cook Semolina Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Semolina Cake
- Prepare 3 cup of fine semolina flour.
- It's 1/4 cup of ghee or butter.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of rosewater.
- It's 1 of pistachos/slivered almonds for garnish.
- You need of Syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of rose water.
Semolina Cake instructions
- MAKE THE CAKE Grease an 8-inch round cake pan. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the almonds. Add 11/4 cups of warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until a thick batter forms. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and let rest at room temperature until set and semi-firm, about 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, score the top of the cake in a diamond pattern, cutting 1/4 inch deep into the cake. Place a few almond slivers in each diamond, pressing gently to help them adhere. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, until golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, MAKE THE SYRUP In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, rose water and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool..
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut the cake along the score lines all the way to the bottom of the pan. Pour the syrup evenly all over the cake. Let the cake stand for at least 1 hour or overnight to absorb the syrup. Serve with whipped cream..