How to Make Yummy Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake)
Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake).
You can have Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake) using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake)
- Prepare of A, Sponge cake (Lined bottom only for Spring form 22cm-25cm).
- Prepare 5 of egg yolks (65g *5).
- You need 62 g of all purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 62 g of corn starch, sifted.
- It's 62 g of oil (coconut oil is the best).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 38 g of Coconut milk.
- You need 38 g of pandan juice (take 30g of pandan leaves, add some water and squeeze).
- You need 5 of egg white.
- Prepare 90 g of sugar.
- It's 1 g of cream of tarta (COT).
- You need of B, Pandan coconut pastry cream.
- You need 1 of egg (60g).
- Prepare 40 g of powder sugar.
- It's 30 g of tapioca starch, sifted.
- Prepare 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 150 ml of pandan juice (take 100g of fresh pandan leaves, add some water and squeeze).
- It's 20 g of unsalted butter.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- You need 100 g of fresh finely shredded coconut.
Sponge cake with pandan coconut pastry cream (Fuji mountain sponge cake) instructions
- Preheat the oven at 150oC..
- For the cake: Mix flour with corn starch, add baking powder and sifted. (1).
- Mix coconut milk with pandan juice. Add egg (one by one). Mix well. Add (1) until combined..
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy then gradually add sugar to beat until firm peak form..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter and using the hand whisk to mix until combined. Pour this mixture to the meringue again and whisk quickly. At last, using a spatula to fold up the batter until no more yolk batter can be seen..
- Pour into the pan. Bake at 140oC in 50 minutes. Turn on the oven at 150oC at 10 last minutes. The cake is done when testing with toothpaste comes out clean..
- Remove the cake with the pan from oven and drop them to the table top from a height of about 8 cm. This is to prevent the cake from excessive shrinkage during cooling. Run a spatula round the edge of the warm cake to dislodge it from the mould. Allow the cake to cool down completely..
- For the cream: Whisk the egg with sugar until dissolved. Mix well with the pandan juice and coconut milk. Add sifted tapioca starch. Mix until smooth. Sifted once again..
- Pour the mixture into heavy saucepan set on medium heat. Keep stirring so it doesn’t curdle and scorch on the bottom. Stir until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Then stir in the butter, mixing until the butter is completely blended in and the pastry cream becomes smooth. Cool and spread the mixture on the layered cake..
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut..
- Chill and serve..