Roscón de reyes. (Three kings cake).
You can have Roscón de reyes. (Three kings cake) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roscón de reyes. (Three kings cake)
- You need of dough mixture.
- It's 125 ml of sunflower oil.
- It's 125 grams of melted butter or margerine.
- You need 8 tbsp of granulated sugar (heaped).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 1/4 kg of strong white flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 2 cup of semi-skimmed milk.
- You need 28 grams of fast action dried yeast (4x7g sachets).
- You need of decoration of the cake.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 200 grams of glaced or candied fruits, glaced cherries.
Roscón de reyes. (Three kings cake) instructions
- Mix sugar and softened butter together. Add whisked eggs, oil, lemon and orange rind, orange blossom and one cup of milk..
- The second cup of milk can be warmed slightly and mixed with the yeast. Add to the rest of ingredients..
- Add flour to mixture and when mixed well knead on a worktop for a few minutes until firm and elastic..
- Leave to rest covered with a cloth for 3-4 hours near a warm area like radiator. dough needs to raise to more than double its volume.
- Knead again on the table and give the shape of a huge doughnut. Should be able to get 3 units..
- Place in a lined or oiled oven tray where they need to rest a couple of hours to raise again.
- Once raised brush them with egg and decorate with the pieces of candied fruits.
- Bake on a medium oven. I chose 160 C for about 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with sugar as you get them out of the oven.