Bajra ki raab/pearl millet smoothy. Bajra raab is a delicious drink made with pearl millet/ bajra flour. Bajra ni Raab is especially nourishing & healing in winters. Bajra Raab is a special winter drink made in Rajasthan and Gujarat.
It is a traditional medicine for cough, cold & flu. Raab is good for pregnancy because raab contains full of iron and raab. Pearl millet (Cenchrus americanus, commonly known as the synonym Pennisetum glaucum) is the most widely grown type of millet. You can have Bajra ki raab/pearl millet smoothy using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bajra ki raab/pearl millet smoothy
- It's 2 spoon of bajra (pearl millet) flour.
- It's 2 spoon of curd.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's 1/4 spoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Water as required.
It has been grown in Africa and the Indian subcontinent since. Bajra is one of the oldest millet used by our ancestors. Along with wheat flour even bajra was included in the regular diet. It is known to have a very high fiber Dieticians and Nutritionist are trying their best to promote this particular millet and increase its consumption by educating its benefits among all.
Bajra ki raab/pearl millet smoothy instructions
- Take bowl and add 2 spoons of bajra flour in it. Add salt and cumin seeds to it and mix then add 2 spoons of curd and make a paste of it..
- Add 1 glass of water to it and mix it thoroughly. Make sure there are no lumps in it..
- Now take a pan and heat it. Add the bajra curd mix to it. Keep the flame high at first until the rabb come to a boil. Once it's at boiling temperature then lower the flame. Keep stirring it so the bajra won't form any lumps in it. Stir for another 5 minutes on lower flame till some water reduces. Then shut off the flames and keep the raab aside to cool down for 2-3 hours..
- Raab is drank as a cold drink so once the raab cool off it thickens, to adjust it's consistency you can add cold water to it. You can even add ice cubes before serving it..
- To serve pour raab into glasses and add a spoon of curd to it and mix it with a spoon, and garnish it with roasted cumin powder. Your healthy pearl millet smoothy is ready..
Bajra Raab, Rajasthani Bajre ki Raab recipe with step by step photos. Add the bajra flour to it. You will notice that the flour of Indian pearl millet drink turns light brown in colour. Bajra, or Pearl Millet, is a hearty gluten free grain that is easily digestible and contains many beneficial nutrients. It is packed with protein, high amounts of fiber, B-complex vitamins including niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin.