Recipes: Perfect Molasses Cookies
You can have Molasses Cookies using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Molasses Cookies
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It's 1 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- It's 1/2 cup of Shortening.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter, at room tempetature.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It's 1/4 cup of Dark Molasses.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 4 cup of Ice Water.
- It's 1 cup of Sugar.
Molasses Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Sift flour into medium sized bowl. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix thoroughly..
- In a large bowl, add the shortening, butter and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy..
- Add the egg and dark molasses to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined..
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture..
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour, remove dough from fridge. Put ice water into a small bowl. Put sugar on dinner plate..
- Roll dough into balls (about golf ball size) and then quickly dip into the ice water, then roll the ball in the sugar. Place dough balls onto greased cookie sheet..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 20 minutes (until cookies are cracked on top, golden and soft)..
- Let cookies rest for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then move them to wire rack to cool..
- Enjoy warm with a tall glass of milk!.