Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies). Also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies, these are one of my favorite holiday cookies as they look so festive and taste even better! Snowball cookies are an unusual combination of ground pecans, lots of butter, flour and a bit of sugar. The cookies themselves are not that sweet but are extremely.
How to make Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies. These delectable cookies are so very easy to make. First cream the butter and the powdered sugar until How to freeze and thaw Snowball Cookies aka Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies. You can have Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies)
- Prepare 1 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1/2 c of powder sugar.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 c of finely chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 c of powdered sugar for dusting.
They can be baked and frozen ahead of time. These pecan snowball cookies (also known as Mexican wedding cookies or Russian tea cakes) are incredibly buttery and easy to make. I love how easy these cookies are to make. These gluten free snowball cookies, also known as Russian tea cakes and Mexican wedding cookies, are super tender butter cookies Another word about the nuts: When I use mostly raw pecans to make these snowball cookies (a.k.a.
Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.
Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes). Snowball cookies are part butter, part flour, and part confectioners' sugar. Mexican Wedding Cookies are buttery pecan cookies rolled in confectioners sugar, making them look just like snowballs. They are the perfect Christmas cookie, add them to your holiday baking list this year. Mexican Wedding Cookies are a Christmas cookie favorite, but there are SO many.