Recipes: Diet Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake
Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake. See more ideas about Fruit cake, Fruitcake recipes, Fruit cake christmas. Christmas celebrations often had to be scaled down or adjusted as restrictions and shortages took h… An easy Christmas cake that turns out perfect every time. No creaming, beating or soaking of fruit required!
Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Traditional Christmas fruit cake with festive decorations and Xmas spices, on red background. You can cook Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake
- Prepare of Dry Stuff.
- You need 350 grams of Plain Flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mixed Spice.
- Prepare of Fruits.
- Prepare 110 grams of Chopped Candied Peel.
- You need 110 grams of Glacé Cherries, cut in half.
- You need 2 of Lemons Grated rind of.
- Prepare 2 of Oranges, Grated rind of.
- Prepare 1 Kilogram of Dried Fruits, (500grams sultanas, 500grams Seedless Raisins).
- You need of Nuts (Optional!!).
- It's 110 grams of Almonds.
- Prepare 110 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 110 grams of Hazelnuts.
- You need of Wet Stuff.
- Prepare 4 of large or 5 medium Eggs.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Brandy/Rum Or Milk !.
- Prepare of Sticky Stuff.
- It's 300 grams of Butter (or best Margarine).
- Prepare 300 grams of Moist Dark Brown Sugar.
- It's 3 of level tablespoons Black Treacle(or Golden Syrup).
These Christmas fruitcake recipes will have you thinking about holiday desserts in a whole new light. Hummingbird cakes are different than traditional fruit cakes, but they do have bananas and pineapple. Homemade sweet bread traditional easter cake panettone also called kulich glazed with icing and raisins on vintage textile. We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time.
Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake instructions
- Prepare tins as follows. Double layer of grease proof paper, draw around the bottom of your tin. Grease paper, then cut to draw line, fit to bottom of tin..
- Double layer of grease proof paper, enough to go around sides of tin. Grease and fit to sides of tin, overlapping the bottom layer.
- In a very large pan or bowl, mix all the dried fruits, rind of oranges and lemons, candied peel, cherries. Plus all the various nuts. Mix until evenly distributed..
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and Black Treacle together..
- In another bowl, put the plain flour, cinnamon, mixed spices and salt. Use a whisk to gently mix it all until even..
- Break the eggs into a measuring jug or large cup, add Brandy/ Rum or milk and whisk lightly..
- Adding a little at a time, add egg mix and flour mix to the butter- sugar mix and combine until all has been used and smooth..
- Add this mix into the fruit- nut mix in the large bowl, mixing until everything is coated and even. The mix should be sticky and not very wet..
- Adding a bit at a time, put mix into your selected tins to 3/4 full. Dip your hand into a bowl of clean water and smooth down the cake mix, until raised slightly at the sides, gentle dip in the middle. (The cake will rise more in the center and you will end up with a level top!) Don’t worry if there is a small puddle, this will stop the top burning!.
- Cook in a moderate oven(mark3. 160C. 325deg) for about 1 1/2 hours. Then turn down heat to Mark1-2, 140-150 C, 275-300deg, for a further two hours..
- Leave in tin about 30 minutes to cool. Then take out of the tin gently, into a wire rack to finish cooling completely before taking off the paper..
- This cake can be stored in an air-tight container for several weeks, or frozen, if required!.
- If keeping for Xmas, a little Brandy or Rum, dribbled over the top, after piercing with a cocktail stick, after a month or so, then reseal..
See more ideas about fruit cake, cake recipes, fruit cake christmas. The fruitcake The Beloved makes every year is Alton Brown fruit cake, and it is moist and fantastic! This easy Amaretto Christmas cake is packed full of juicy Amaretto soaked fruit for a perfect festive celebration cake! Christmas Fruit Cake was filled with dry fruits and nuts, generously spiced and enriched with butter and eggs. This is one celebration cake that stands own its own - no frills needed.