Sooji Atta Fruit Cake (Whole Wheat Rava Fruit Cake) – Christmas Special.
You can have Sooji Atta Fruit Cake (Whole Wheat Rava Fruit Cake) – Christmas Special using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sooji Atta Fruit Cake (Whole Wheat Rava Fruit Cake) – Christmas Special
- You need 1 cup of Rava or Sooji.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Refined Oil.
- It's 3/4 cup of Little warm milk.
- It's 1 cup of Mix dry fruits & nuts (combination of raisins, seedless dates, dried apricot, pistachios, tutti frutti, walnut, cashews, dried blueberries, dried red cranberries).
- It's 1/2 cup of Nuts (chopped almonds, walnuts).
- It's 1 tsp of Fennel.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Baking soda or Eno.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Sooji Atta Fruit Cake (Whole Wheat Rava Fruit Cake) – Christmas Special instructions
- Dry ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, cardamom powder, salt together. Add sooji and mix them well. Keep it aside. Wet ingredients: In a grinder add curd, oil and powdered sugar, milk. Grind them until smooth. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Keep aside for 30 minutes (covered). After 30 minutes add baking soda or Eno, baking powder, dry fruits, and nuts. Mix them well. Put batter into a greased baking pan and tab the pan. Bake in the cooker for 40 minutes..
- Tips : Mix Dry Fruits & Nuts: In a bowl add dried blueberries, red cranberries, raisins, pistachios and 1 cup of hot water. Keep it aside for half an hour (covered). After half an hour drain water. Take soaked berries, raisins, pistachios (chopped) and mix with other nuts, fennel seeds. Then toss all dry fruits and nuts with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Keep it aside. Grind sooji in a mixer for 15 seconds. If using fine sooji no need for grinding. Adjust sugar according to your taste..
- Baking time may vary. If the batter looks dry after 30 minutes. Add 2-4 tbsp of milk and mix it well. You can add nuts of your choice. If Baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes. The baking time may vary..
- Pressure Cooker Method: Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Important Notes: Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium..
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn (overbake) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand. No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker..
- How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker? Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter (Do not put water inside the pressure cooker). Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes..
- Let it bake for 40 minutes on low flame. After 40 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately. After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake. If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake..