Recipe: Tasty Semolina and cheese cake - knafeh bi jibneh
Semolina and cheese cake - knafeh bi jibneh.
You can cook Semolina and cheese cake - knafeh bi jibneh using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Semolina and cheese cake - knafeh bi jibneh
- Prepare 500 g of knafeh dough, or mafroukeh.
- You need 500 g of akkawi cheese, if available, or any other unsalted white cheese like mozzarella.
- It's 1/2 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It's 200 g of butter.
- Prepare of - For the sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It's 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It's 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It's 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
Semolina and cheese cake - knafeh bi jibneh instructions
- To get a completely unsalted cheese, soak in water for 24 hr. Make sure to change the water 4 to 5 times..
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- Spread the knafeh dough in a 35 cm diameter baking pan forming a layer of around 1.5 cm in thickness. Bake the dough in the oven at medium heat, until the bottom and the side of the dough turn golden in color..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes and place them in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the water oozes out. Discard the water..
- Add in the fine semolina and ½ cup of the syrup and mix. When the cheese mixture starts boiling, remove from heat and pour over the baked knafeh dough..
- Place a large serving tray over the knafeh pan and turn the pan upside down. Let the knafeh drop on the serving tray while slowly removing the pan..
- Cut the knafeh into square pieces and serve warm with sugar syrup..