Taro Bubble Tea.
You can have Taro Bubble Tea using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taro Bubble Tea
- It's 1/2 cup of Green tea.
- You need 1 envelope of Taro powder, single serving.
- You need 6 of as needed Ice cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Evaporated milk.
- It's 2 tbsp of Simple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tapioca pearls.
Taro Bubble Tea instructions
- Measure 7:1 ratio of water to pearls. For this recipe I prefer using 6 cups of water for a single serving. It is important to use a decent amount if water to prevent the pearls from sticking together. Bring tapioca pearls to a boil stirring occasionally. After pearls float on the surface of the water, cover pot with lid and simmer until you are ready to assemble the drink..
- In a separate bowl, empty the packet of Taro powder and add approximately 2 Tbsp of evaporated milk and stir. Add the simple syrup or table sugar until everything is combined. The evaporated milk is necessary because it adds the creaminess while the syrup adds the sweetness. Add ingredients slowly and mix well. Set aside..
- Now we prepare the green tea. Bring water to a boil and steep the green tea leaves. It is better using imported leaves from Japan but if you don't have that you can easily use locally bought green tea. Steeping is ideal because the flavor is mild enough that it won't compete with the rest of the drink. Refrigerate the green tea before assembling the bubble tea..
- Remove tapioca pearls from stovetop and strain pearls, while running them under a stream of cold water to prevent them from sticking together. Your pearls should be very chewy and if they are not fully cooked, continue cooking them until ideal texture is reached. Put the cooked tapioca pearls in a bowl and lightly coat them with simple syrup for taste..
- Remove green tea from refrigerator and gather the ice. Using a clear tall glass, add a couple spoonfuls of tapioca pearls to the bottom of the glass. Add the Taro mixture and ice to the glass. Finally, top off the drink with the green tea and stir. Voilà! A refreshing and delicious bubble tea drink ready for you to enjoy!.