How To Meal Prep Delicious Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona)
Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona).
You can have Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona)
- You need 1 of kilo All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Semolina.
- Prepare 100 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 liter of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 200 ml of fresh Orange Juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg (Optional).
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of grated Clove.
- Prepare 2 of grated Orange Peels.
- You need of Syrup:.
- It's 500 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
- It's 200 grams of Honey.
- You need 250 grams of Walnuts chopped.
Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona) instructions
- A) In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the flour. Once all is combined add in the flour a little at a time and knead all the ingredients until it has become one mass..
- B) Take a small piece of dough at a time and start to knead in your hands and shaping it in the form of an egg. Place each one Melomakarano into a large baking pan and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- C) In a large sauce pan add in the ingredients for the syrup and boil for about 15 minutes and until thickened..
- D) When the cookies have baked pour the hot syrup over them and top with the chopped Walnuts..
- I wanted to thank my Aunt Soula in Greece, and my mom for treating us with their delicious Christmas Cookies. 🙂 Euxaristo poli Theia Soula…na ste kala kai Kales Giortes. Kali Orexi!!! Kala Xristougenna kai Kales Giortes everyone!! With the recipe I am wishing everyone A very Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays to all!!! 🙂.